Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cheesiest Mexican restaurant ever










My students asked me if I would like to go to a Mexican restaurant with them this evening - the only one in Londrina. I said, of course. I was looking forward to spicy food, finally, and good tortillas and Margaritas. I should have known never to get your hopes up for good Mexican food far from Mexico! Not that the American version of Mexican food is necessarily very authentic, but I love it, and I think it has to be closer than what I found here. There are no jalepenos, at least not that I've found in this region, and all the food is fried. It's so greasy! That's okay once in a while, but I was really craving regular burritos or enchiladas with beans and spicy sauce. Not to be. I ate a little bit and did try the Margarita, which wasn't too bad.

But the evening wasn't a total flop. The best part was that a photographer comes around to your table and hands out sombreros for you to wear while he takes your picture. It's right out of Epcot Center - Mexico in Disney World! They take your picture and post it on a website that you can access for free, they just want the free publicity for the restaurant. I felt like we were in The Three Amigos!:)

No comments: