Happy New Year 2010 everyone!!!
What better way to ring in the New Year than with Abba, right?:)
"...it's the end of a decade, in another 10 years time, who can say what we'll find, what lies waiting down the line..."
Below are the full lyrics and a video of their song, "Happy New Year" that they sang in 1979 at the end of that decade. I guess this video singing around the piano used to be shown in Sweden every year at midnight! The epitome of cheesy, but the lyrics are great for this New Year's, at the end of another decade, 20 years later:)
"Happy New Year" by Abba
No more champagne, and the fireworks are through
Here we are, me and you
Feeling lost and feeling blue
It's the end of the party, and the morning seems so grey
So unlike yesterday
Now's the time for us to say...
Happy new year, Happy new year. May we all have a vision now and then, of a world where every neighbour is a friend. Happy new year, Happy new year. May we all have our hopes, our will to try.If we don't we might as well lay down and die - you and I
Sometimes I see
How the brave new world arrives
And I see how it thrives
In the ashes of our lives
Oh yes, man is a fool and he thinks he'll be okay
Dragging on, feet of clay
Never knowing he's astray
Keeps on going anyway...
Happy new year, Happy new year.May we all have a vision now and then, of a world where every neighbour is a friend. Happy new year, Happy new year, may we all have our hopes, our will to try. If we don't we might as well lay down and die-you and I.
Seems to me now that the dreams we had before
Are all dead, nothing more
Than confetti on the floor
It's the end of a decade
In another ten years time
Who can say what we'll find
What lies waiting down the line
In the end of eighty-nine...
Happy new year, Happy new year, may we all have a vision now and then, of a world where every neighbour is a friend. Happy new year, Happy new year, may we all have our hopes, our will to try If we don't we might as well lay down and die - you and I
As for me, I spent this New Year's, 2009, the end of a decade, packing up my apt in Sao Paulo. But I am so lucky to have a wonderful location on the 22nd floor in the heart of Sao Paulo, and I could see lots of firework displays going on in the city, especially the major display on Avenida Paulista, just a few blocks away - without going out in the rain:)
Here is a great video and a few pictures taken right from my building! You can see the main clock on Paulista; it was just after midnight:)

Lots of love to all of you, and a wonderful 2010 for us all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment