
My neighbor in Mpls said there was an old Firesign Theater album entitled "Waiting for the Electrician or someone like him". Well, that's what I feel like with this washing machine, although, at this point all I can do is laugh. My washing machine was supposed to be ready last Tuesday. They never called and never called and then I called at least three times on Thursday and three times on Friday. It wasn't ready because they didn't have the right part and needed to send it out to someone else who hadn't returned it to them. They said this normally didn't happen. Usually it only takes a couple of days, but of course with my luck, this is what happens. So then no news, I called again on Monday and he said he was picking up the part on Monday afternoon and would bring it on Tuesday (yesterday) at 10am. So, I had to stay home from work and wait for him. 11:30am still no washing machine. So I called again and he said he was just fixing a couple things and would be on his way. At 2:15pm he finally came.
You know, I don't know if it is just this company or a cultural difference, but why not just call to let me know one way or another what was happening? As it was, I had to call three or four times a day, spend my time and money, and basically nag them about this. One call from there and everything would have been settled. Annoying!!!!!!
But anyway, because he had only taken the top of my machine with him last time and not the whole thing, there was a chance it still wouldn't work when put back together. And naturally this is what happened. Yesterday when the water was being put into the machine, it was also coming out at the same time! But somehow this time he managed to push the door to my pantry open further and take out the whole machine! If he had just done this last time, it could have been fixed all together in one time!!! But of course that didn't happen. He took the entire machine with him yesterday and said he would have it ready by today, so I am home again waiting. Let's see when I really get it back!!! Then all I have to do is talk to the real estate agency about getting reimbursed for all of this - so easy, right??????:)
Motto for the year: just keep laughing:)
More news later
No comments:
Post a Comment